Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Christmas in Alabama Part 2

So, I talked to Grandma Looney today!!! (see previous post) I have to share what she said. She wasn't home when I called to talk to her about us coming, and I didn't say anything on the message I left about bringing some "extra $$$ Cheer" with us. Well, I called her today, and she told me that things had been going very rough for their family, and they have a court date coming up that will hopefully give them full custody so that the Mother of the children cannot keep coming and going and messing with and lying to the children. Anyway, she was feeling down, but she woke up yesterday with a distinct happy feeling, specifically about Christmas. She couldn't imagine why this would be a good Christmas, but she felt something very strong. So much so that when she got to work, she shared that impression with her boss. Well, it was about a half-hour later that she listened to my message that we wanted to come there for Christmas. She said she ran to her boss's office to tell her about it and they were both in tears that we would come and let them meet Samara. She really felt like it was inspiration. She still doesn't even know that we will be bringing her donations. She said that after she found out we were coming, she was going to keep it a secret from the kids, and use it as a pick-me-up, after the court date. She knows how much they all want to meet Samara, and our whole family.

It's so fun to hear this! Because we have been feeling the same way. We were supposed to go to Pennsylvania, but once we got this idea in our head, there was such an exciting feeling associated with the journey. I really believe that this is God's plan for our family and for theirs this Christmas.

Anywhooo, thanks for your support. This will be the best surprise ever!

6 comments:

Cecily R said...

My goodness, what an amazing family you have and I've only read two posts so far! I am so amazed by stories like yours.

Not that it will be much, but I would love to send you guys some extra $$$ cheer before you leave. I sent you an e-mail earlier. You can send me information on where to send it there.

I'm happy you found my blog! I look forward to reading more about your great family!

Hoffman Family said...

You're the coolest! Yeah, Chaotic Bliss is writing on my blog! Thanks for the nice email. I'm happy to have a new friend. I emailed you the other stuff. Have a good one!

Kelly said...

Hey there lady! I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! We had such a fabulous time with you and the kids! You are such a good friend and always were and will be a terrific example to me! I love you and your fam so much. We really want to help out with the Christmas donation-is it too late? Should I just mail it to you? Let me know! Thanks again and we WILL get together soon! Love ya!

Hoffman Family said...

Oh, I totally miss you! As far as donations go, we're just having everyone send checks written to James or I, and we'll cash them before we leave, to give her a big hunk of cash! Fun, huh? I can't wait. Thanks for posting on my blog. I'll email you our address.

Nicole said...

Did you know that Cecily R is my cousin? Cool hua? I think this is a great thing you are doing, look for a envelope from us soon!!

Hoffman Family said...

Nicole, thanks so much! I wish I got to do more than bask in your cuteness for 2 seconds the other night. Oh, well...beggars can't be choosers, huh? What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?? If you're free and lonely, we are winging it alone this year. Our first year not feeding the 5,000. (And I'm pretty bummed about it!)