Monday, November 12, 2007

The Lover, The Dreamers.....

So, every once in a while you catch someone in a random act of squishy goodness, and you can't help but take a picture. I have a husband who is the envy of all my friends when it comes to his "Daddy Skillz". He comes home and plays with the kids, even when he's beat after a long shift at the hospital. He watches them and any spare kid who may come over anytime I have church or other functions to attend, and he does what they love to do. Wrestle, jump, shoot their swings to the moon, fingerpaint (this was a new one this week that he's not likely to repeat), scrapbook cards for mom, anything. I am so grateful for his love for our kids.

The other day I was doing the dishes and peaked out the window and saw him, Samara, Kiah and Elijah laying on the tramp with blankets, looking at the sky, picking out different cloud shapes. Now, he's in the middle of residency, with a to-do list longer than the Great Wall of China, and he was out there finding hippos on motorcycles in the sky. That is why I love him.

1 comment:

Cecily R said...

Awww. What a great dad! Jon does the same stuff and it warms my heart.