Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Goldilocks lost her locks!



Before (without straightening or anything)






The back view of before
After the CHOP!

The hair stand alone. (10 inches)



The final product! Woo Hoo!

I did it! I chopped off my hair that I've been growing out for 3 years. Wow! It feels great. We have a neighbor that we love who is going through the turmoil of breast cancer treatments right now, and she got me thinking of how I could help besides bringing flowers or offering to cook. I thought this might be a nice way to honor her and show my support to breast cancer patients. Oprah Winfrey did a big show about hair, and the group that she worked with that makes wigs for cancer patients is called Pantene Beautiful Lengths. So, that's who I'm sending my hair to. I admit I was a little nervous about cutting, but having a good cause behind it made the cut easier. I have documented my adventure for you to see.

*Note to all: I had not done my make-up, and my hair was just air-dried from the shower, since it had to be au-natual to donate, which meant no products or styling. I don't normally look like a hippy!

3 comments:

Cecily R said...

I donated my hair a few months ago to Locks for Love. Pre-haircut mine was WAY too long. I was a few gray hairs short of looking like a weird biker chick or a ploygamist wife. It was pathetic.

Love your hair cut!

Kimo said...

Looks great!! I too have donated my hair (to Locks of Love - three times now). I just love the feeling when your hair is all gone, and you know it is going to help someone who really needs it. Great job.

Nicole said...

Your haircut, is supper dupper cute! I love it. I did locks of love once, you just feel good having done something for someone else.