Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Reflecting

So, as I was reading this morning, I came across a talk by Kathleen Hughes called Remembering The Lord's Love. It is a really good one. Two lines really hit me, as a mother. She was speaking directly to the mother of the home when she said, "Our families need the peace of God in their lives, and if we can't or won't invite the Lord into our lives, then our families become a reflection of our own turmoil." That is a lot of pressure, but reality is, the mood and spirit in our homes depends directly on what we do. Then at the end of the article, she finished up with something that gave me much comfort. She said, "Peace. Strength. It is what we long for and it is posssible. We only need to turn toward His reaching arms." I love it!



Anywhooo...enough pondering and reflecting. I thought that I'd post a few pics of our private trip with the girls to Disneyworld. I had to use a disposable camera, so we just barely got the photos back. It was a really fun trip with those two munchkins. Thanks to Amity and Jennifer for watching and loving our little boys while we were gone!

Here is one of the girls in a rare hug moment w/colored tongues from slushies. This day was 96 degrees with 90% humidity. It was miserably hot!

Here we are after an hour or so wait in line for Space mountain. The beauty of it is, with no babies, we could wait an hour w/no problems. Go big kids!! :)


We had 3 Character Dining meals. This was breakfast the Yacht Club (or something like that??). We saw Chip, Dale, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto. And an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for dad. Couldn't get better, eh?!



And of course the princess meal, with the whole Cinderella crew, mice and fairy Godmother included. I'm not biased or anything, but my girls are even more beautiful than Cinderella!




And the crappy picture of all of us. The disposable failed to get the beautifully lit castle in the background, but at least you can see us. We have some wonderful memories.

2 comments:

jamirodana said...

Wow, Disneyworld and no babies? Awesome!
We finally took our kids to Lagoon this summer. I know, I know, it doesn't compare to Disneyworld, land, or Magic Mtn. Hahahaha!
Am I going to be stuck in Utah forever?
Hmmmmmmmmmm.............I'm going to go ponder that for a few hours....and cry.

Kelly said...

I gotta tell you lady, I've been trying to leave messages on your blog for a long time now and it just doesn't work but I wanted to tell you that little exerpt from the talk was just what I needed to hear! Your family has grown so much. You all look so happy--and so that makes me happy for you! I would love to try and get together soon! Any days off of school coming up?