Friday, September 21, 2007

Free Bird


Elijah has learned the new found freedom of riding his bicycle without training wheels. Yeah! He is so very excited about it. I can't believe my baby boy is now a 2-wheeling 4 year old. He's practically grown and married. :) And the pink princess bike is not slowing him or his ego down one bit!
I volunteered in Samara's class today, and have such a respect for these teachers. There is so much to teach, and the kids are all on different levels. Samara gets bored and draws pictures on everything. She's such a great little artist. She makes the pictures really colorful and bubbly and whimsical. First grade is not challenging enough for her, and I'm worried that she'll start having problems. Any mom suggestions out there, let me know!

Overall, I'm very pleased with all of my children's teachers, and the kids have made a great effort to do their personal best in school. It feels good to be enjoying them and participating in their classes this year. Last year I didn't get to do much volunteering. And both teachers have told me that they haven't had one parent volunteer in the 6 years they've been at that school. Does that just blow your mind?? I applaud those that take huge pay cuts and long hours to teach our children.

No comments: