Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Cup Overfloweth






What an incredible day!!! There are days that stick out in your mind as special and rare, and today is one of those days. We celebrated Abraham and James birthday this morning with an all-you-can-eat breakfast at Golden Corral, and there wasn't one fit or spilled food item! Great start!!!! Then we drove to Turkey Run, a State Park in Indiana that is full of deep ravines carved out by a river. It is so green and so spectacular that it's hard to put in words. So, I won't try too hard, instead I'll put up a lot of pics! Lazy me. :)


We went on trail #3, on the map described as "difficult, very-rugged". Our little troop headed up there like old pros. We didn't have one emotional or physical breakdown, which is a feat unto itself. Instead we had smiles and giggles, and a lot of sweat. We revived with ice water and graham crackers. This place goes straight through these ravines, up a small waterfall, until you reach some stairs. There are hundreds of stairs, up and down all over the place, and then you reach ladders that go back into the ravine. So fun and a bit dangerous, yippeee!!! Then we gathered rocks to throw in the river and enjoy the scenery.


I felt so much gratitude today, for my family and for nature and for my life. It was so nice I didn't even dwell on the poopy smeared mess that Abe made while I was getting ready to leave the house. :) Then I topped off my wonderful day with women's conference, which I attended with my dearest friend Amity. We had a "date" to the stake center, where the men served us dinner and there was a great, comical skit put on by the stake presidency that was well worth the 1/2 hour drive!!! And then to be able to listen to the inspired Relief Society Presidency and President Monson, and feel my heart touched and to feel humbled and find a new resolve to be a better person was just icing on the cake.


I can almost guarantee that tomorrow will be a horrible day, as you other moms know, so I will bask in this happiness as long as I can.

No comments: