Thursday, September 13, 2007

My first entry






Yeah, I think this works! I'm so excited to have figured this out. I know it's not rocket science, but 8 years away from the world of technology and computers and into the world of fingerpainting and crayon doodles turns ones brain to mush. I love mush, and wouldn't trade it, but it does me no favors when it comes to things like creating a blog. I'd love to have a cooler background template, but can't for the life of me, figure out how to download it from another site and get it to work here. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open.

So, we are doing wonderful. The kids are all settled into their various school and sport activities, and Abe and I are having a ball hanging out! Kiah is working hard in school and really wants to get honors (which would be a HUGE deal for her), so she's quit soccer and is focusing more on her schoolwork. We're really proud of her. Samara is doing wonderful in school academically, but is struggling to make friends. Her best friend from last year (seriously, her clone! These two couldn't have been more alike) moved away, and she hasn't had much luck in the friend department. But I have full confidence that she'll do just fine. She is very social and resilient. Elijah started preschool, and is having fun. This year he only goes 3 days a week, so Abe has his big bro home often during the week. Which is a wonderul thing, since the boys are such good buddies. I love watching them play and take care of each other. They couldn't be closer. James is plugging along, trying to stay motivated down this last stretch. It's more of a challenge now that we know where we're going next (Primary Children's Hospital in SLC for Cardiology fellowship for 4 years), to stay focused on the job here. But he loves his work, and is doing a lot of good for many children. I am doing the mom thing, volunteering in classes each week, keeping the ship afloat, you know, all of that stuff! :) We're all really happy. We have incredible friends and an amazing ward, and we coudn't really ask for more. This is a long post, so I'll cut it short. Ci vediamo!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hoffmans! -The Heyborne's

jamirodana said...

I can't believe how grown up the kiddos are. It seems like it has been so long!
So cute!
I'm so glad you have a blog now. I will read often.

Anonymous said...

hiyo all you wonderful family. i love you all so much is was fun to read and mom read behind me it makes us really lonesome for you all.
love you
the troops