Monday, October 29, 2007

The Moons Have Landed!

(Little Dinos in a nest)

The Moons have landed! Our good friends that we met while experiencing luxurious living at the University Student Apartments during medical school came to Indy from Chicago. It was so much fun to have Kelly and her kids Elijah, Ali and new baby Isaac, stay at our house. They were here for 2 days and 2 nights. We had a great time. The kids played fantastically, and so did Kelly and I! J James was on-call all Saturday and Sunday, so Kelly and I had the kids on our own. Her husband had to stay and do a scout camp thing. So, once the kids were in bed we had grown-up sleepovers, i.e. staying up way too late talking and laughing. During the day, we went to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum, the biggest Children’s museum in the nation. We had a great time. I’ll attach some pics of the adventure. As an added bonus, my friend Heather, and another friend Nicole, both from the fore-mentioned apartments, were going to be at the museum that day and invited me, so all 4 of us were there in Indiana at the same time. So random, since we all met in SLC, and although Nicole and I live in Indianapolis, Heather lives in Cincinnati and Kelly lives in Chicago. Isn’t life funny? I love it.

You know you have a true friend when you can not see someone for 3 years, and then pick up right where you left off, like no time has passed. I miss my friend. It was a wonderful visit, and I hope we get to do it again before we move back to SLC for Cardiology Fellowship.


(we're using a remote controlled robot)

(cute little Isaac)

(The kids in the undersea exhibit)

(Little heads over a big railing)

2 comments:

jamirodana said...

Hooray, you guys got together finally!
I forgot Kelly and family were coming down to see you. Did Heather meet up too?
Looks like fun.

Hoffman Family said...

Yeah, we saw Heather for a few minutes, and caught a small glimpse of Nicole. She was with her kids in a different area and they both got there around the time we were getting ready to leave. But at least we got to say hey. Wish you could have been there!