Friday, October 12, 2007

Went ridin'on the E-Train!!


Yeah!!! James and I went with a couple from our neighborhood to see Elliott Yamin. If any of you know me well, you know I'm a complete American Idol dork. Yes, I can admit to that. Anyway, I loved Elliott's voice from the very beginning. What is even cooler is that he is 90% deaf in his right ear, and still has perfect pitch. He also got Type I diabetes at 16, and is a major advocate for diabetes research and providing the needy with insulin. He sells T-shirts at his concert that go 100% to his charity/organization. I have been a true follower, going to the AI concert with my friend Heather the last few years, and before that, with my momma. I waited so very patiently for his first CD, and my family is subjected to it almost daily. So when we saw that he was coming here, to an awesome small venue, and for only $22, there was much joy and merriment on my part!!!

This concert was wonderful, and he was even better in person. I've always been envious of those with such fun, visible talents that can so easily be shared and uplift others. Music makes me happy, and Elliott's voice makes me VERY happy. Major brownie points to my honey for taking me. It was a fun date with a lot of snuggling and swaying to the music. It couldn't have been more fun (well, if I was even closer to the front, it probably could have been a teensy bit cooler), and there's no one else in the world I'd rather date and do fun things with than James. He rocks my world!!! Go, honey, it's your birthday....

1 comment:

jamirodana said...

Looks fun! I remember him a little. I kind of watch AI every other year it seems. I don't know why.
He looks better with the hat on too.
I want to go out on a date! Haha.
(It's been a while)